About the programme
Since 1995, the National Ministry of Education and the British Council are partners in this programme, which provides a professional development experience for English teacher trainee students and qualified English teachers in Argentina.
A maximum of 15 language assistants are chosen each year to work, together with local spanish teachers, in primary and secondary level schools in the UK.
Read about former experiences:
|Argentine assistants in UK|
- CALL CLOSED -
- Hold Argentine citizenship and be resident in the country at the time of applying for the programme.
- Aged between 21 and 29 years old.
- Hold the qualification of English teacher (at tertiary o university level) or have completed and passed at least 80% of the teacher training qualification in Argentina (´profesorado´). Note: the qualifications of Translator and Degree in English Language are not equivalent to the qualification of English Language Teacher for the purposes of this call.
- Have an outstanding academic average (minimum of 7/10 points).
- Evidence of your teaching experience.
- Not previously been a Language Assistant through a programme managed by an agency that awards this type of scholarship experience.
- Commit to returning to Argentina upon completion of the scholarship period.
The application form for this programme will be available on this web page from the opening date of the call.