About the programme
Since 1995, the National Ministry of Education and the British Council are partners in this programme, which provides a professional development experience for English teacher trainee students and qualified English teachers in Argentina.
A maximum of 15 language assistants are chosen each year to work, together with local spanish teachers, in primary and secondary level schools in the UK.
Read about former experiences:
|Argentine assistants in UK|
- Hold Argentine citizenship and be resident in the country at the time of applying for the programme.
- Aged between 21 and 35 years old as of September 1, 2023.
- Hold the qualification of English teacher (at tertiary o university level) or have completed and passed at least 80% of the teacher training qualification in Argentina (´profesorado´). Note: the qualifications of Translator and Degree in English Language are not equivalent to the qualification of English Language Teacher for the purposes of this call.
- Have an outstanding academic average (minimum of 7/10 points) in the faculty, including failed exams and equivalencies.
- Evidence of your teaching experience.
- Not previously been a Language Assistant through a programme managed by an agency that awards this type of scholarship experience.
- Commit to returning to Argentina upon completion of the scholarship period.