Fully funded residency at LA IRA DE DIOS, Buenos Aires, Argentina, from 27/March – 29/May 2017 for UK-based artists and curators. Application deadline 24/Feb 2017. Supported by a partnership with British Council.
The selected artist or curator will participate in the April-May residency program in La Ira de Dios. The program is structured to create a space of creative exchange for a group of international and local artist, curators, and researchers. Each program is coordinated by a guest curator and the project directors Pablo Caligaris and Carolina Magnin. The agenda of activities includes visits to art studios, galleries, and other projects and institutions, public presentations and a final exhibition.
For this edition, Brazilian curator Taina Azeredo, propose to work in an environment of collaboration, discussion, and reflection regarding the artistic process. During the six-week program, the group will be coordinated by the curator and La Ira team. Participants are expected to contribute actively in workshop and research activities in addition to sharing their individual experiences with other residents.
As part of the program, a two-week visit to Curadora art residency in Santa Fe, Argentina, is included in the first two weeks of April.
The Residency Comprises:
- Participation in the La Ira de Dios residency program, with a group of international and local artists.
- Single room accommodation in Buenos Aires near La Ira studios.
- Shared studio space at La Ira.
- Economy return flights from all UK to Buenos Aires.
- Per-diems (meals, transfers and basic materials), specific production costs and material are not covered.
- Two weeks visit to Curadora residency in Santa Fe, Argentina, with transportation, accommodation, and meals included.
- A public presentation and a final exhibition at La Ira and/or at a location in the city.
- A program of visits and activities.
- Curatorial support by the guest curator Taina Azeredo and the LID directors Carolina Magnin and Pablo Caligaris.
- Production support by LID team.
Please email the following to email@example.com
- Sample of previous work (personal website or PDF file)
- Outline of potential concepts to explore during residency period (up to 500 words)
Deadline: February 24, 2017.
Expectations towards the artist:
The artists are expected to give a public presentation and exhibit their work/research in an open studio event in the last week of the program.